CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I'm a little late in posting this!  We got our first email from Hermana Wilcoxson. She is doing GREAT!


Hola! Coma esta?
 
Oh my goodness! I love it here so far! Things are so, so good! I was kinda afraid I wouldn't like it, but I love it! The first day was a little intimidating because we walked into class and they were speaking complete Spanish! But by the second day I could actually understand quite a bit of it. I still might have to count on my fingers because if I don't I count in French... Haha
The food is pretty good. Some things are better than others. I was so excited when I walked in Thursday morning and they had biscuits and gravy! Until I took a bite...Mom's Campbell's gravy is so much better!
I have two companions! Their names are Hermana Clement, she is from Idaho Falls and going to San Diego, and Hermana Oxley, she is from Vacaville, Ca and going to Albuquerque with me. I love them both! They are great girls and we all get along really well! We are the only sisters in our zone right now which is kind of nice and kind of frustrating at the same time. One of my companions, Hermana Oxley, doesn't really have any family support. She still hasn't heard from them. So when you are on Dear Elder if you want to send her a little note I would really appreciate it! You should probably send one to Hermana Clement too so that she doesn't feel left out! :)
Thursday night we met our branch presidency. I got called as the coordinating sister, which is kind of like the district leader/zone leader over the girls. It's pretty much like being Relief Society president again. I definitely cried when they asked me to do it because I was so overwhelmed with everything else but of course I willingly accepted. Right now it's super easy because the only other girls in the zone are also my companions. We'll see how it goes when more girls come! Haha
 
I saw Spencer at dinner the first night here! We gave each other big hugs, which we later found out is against the rules...so shhh! He is doing good. He is excited to leave for the field on Wednesday. I told him to write more letters so hopefully he will do that! I didn't see him for quite a while (well 3 days but it felt like longer). At one time I was thinking "Man, I wish I saw him more!" And then I thought "Maybe I'm not supposed to see him, because let's be honest as soon as I do see him I am going to break down crying." Sure enough when I saw him again Sunday morning I started crying! He was so cute about it though! I don't think he quite knew what to do! Haha I saw him again at lunch that day and then I got to sit by him at the devotional on Sunday night. So that was really nice to get to see him so much right before he leaves. I probably won't see him again though. He is on the first meal rotation and I am on the last.
 
It's crazy to think that I haven't even been here a full week yet. We have already done and learned so much! I have learned about half the amount of Spanish in these 5 days than all the French I learned in 4 years! It is amazing to see how the Lord truly qualifies those He calls.
 
Anyways, I gotta get going. I will write a letter tonight telling you guys more! I love you so much! And miss you! But I'm so excited to be here. I truly love every minute of it! We already taught our first investigator on Friday! IN SPANISH! Talk about intimidating and overwhelming! It went pretty well though!

0 comments:

Post a Comment